Subscriptions to The Olaf Messenger are now open!
The subscription is an annual subscription beginning from the time we receive your online ticket or check up until our final issue in May 2021.
Since our publications have been adjusted to meet the safety requirements of COVID-19, an annual subscription for 2020-2021 will be $50. We plan to begin printing on Oct. 1, so any issues thereafter will be mailed out to subscribers.
As well, a subscription comes with our weekly newsletter featuring highlights of articles from the most recent issue of the paper.
There are two subscription options:
Here is a link to our University Tickets online subscription platform: https://stolaftickets.universitytickets.com/w/event.aspx?id=1348
The ticket purchased will serve as your subscription. When purchasing please include your name, preferred email for receiving the newsletter and address where we can mail your physical copy of the newspaper.
Subscribe by Mail
Send us an envelope that includes…
- A check for $50 made out directly to The Olaf Messenger
- An address where you’d like your subscription mailed
- Your name and email address for further contact
Why subscribe to The Olaf Messenger?
Your money helps us pay for…
- Printing costs. During a regular school year we print 500 copies of The Messenger each week. These are distributed to St. Olaf students and staff free of charge, and some of them are sent to you!
- Postage to send you your shiny new copy of the Messenger.
- Stipends for our talented staff members. Even though we’re a weekly paper, work doesn’t stop in the newsroom. Stipends are a small way of saying thank you for all of the hard work our staff puts in to the paper every week. The Messenger is entirely student-run and we rely heavily on your support to keep us printing. Not only are you paying for weekly St. Olaf news, sports coverage, performance reviews, and students art, but you’re helping support students who are working towards careers in journalism, media, business, and communications.
We also have an ongoing donations campaign for continued support. If you want to support The Mess’s work without the commitment of a subscription, an online donation of any amount is the perfect way!
We appreciate your interest in supporting The Olaf Messenger! Please email email@example.com with any questions and we will respond promptly.