Now that we’re starting to get into the stressful part of the semester it might be a good idea to go for a walk to relax and unwind. The Natural Lands are a great place to go for a relaxing walk — if you keep these tips in mind.
- Bring condoms. You never know!
- Sing the fight song. Nothing says fun like singing the St. Olaf fight song!
- Bring a copy of the Mess. It’s great for kindling, toilet paper, a makeshift umbrella, or for reading!
- Take an old person with you. Old people are very wise and make for great company, and if you run into a dangerous wild animal you can easily outrun them.
- Make sure your gambling license is up to date. Don’t let them catch you!
- Only light seven large fireworks at a time. You don’t want to rush through the whole show, make sure to savor the experience.
- Leave your phone behind. There’s no safer place!
- Search for the ghost of Rev. Gjermund Hoyme. He was opposed to co-education though, so be careful!
- Cut your hair. A bird or a mouse could use it as a nest!
Teague Peterson-McGuire is from Oconomowoc, Wisc.
His majors are film and media studies and Nordic studies.